Sunday, March 20, 2011

Viva Mexico!

We just got back lastnight from Mexico. It.was.amazing! We stayed in a fantastic resort very closte to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. We got there Monday the 14th and left on Saturday the 19th. It was the perfect amount of time, it wasn't too short or too long. We laid by the pool, ate lots of yummy food, went to the beautiful beach, swam in the pool, drank lots of yummy cocktails and enjoyed each other's company. We had a room with our own private pool that we shared with a few other hotel rooms.

-My favorite things about the trip:

-sleeping in everyday
-not having to go to work
-room service
-drinks by and in the pool
-meeting and talking with other couples from around the world
-not seeing or hearing a single child- don't get me wrong, I LOVE children but it was a nice break for me. (The resort did not allow children).
- The resort's entertainment: They had a Mexican culture night with great food and dancers, a live rock band one night, a fire show, a St. Patrick's Day Party (with green drinks!) and activities like mini- speed boat racing in the pool, pool volleyball (I watched), ping pong in the pool, Black Jack and Bingo and some sort of tasting everyday.
- Spending quality time with my hubby!

I do need to apologize, we didn't take as many pictures as we should but here a few. We were constantly forgetting the camera. Here a few that we took:

Our room:

 Our patio and private pool area:


Austin chilling on the patio:

 Our view from one of the pools:
 Austin catching some rays. I wouldn't let him take a picture of me in my bikini:)
 Another pool view...ahh, I wish I was still there!
 Us at the St.Patty's celebration. I am not a fan of this picture but it is the only one what we have of us together:(

Now it is back to the daily grind:(

With Love, Skylar



No comments:

Post a Comment