Mya turned 7 on June 23rd. I have had her since the beginning of my junior year in college. It is crazy how time really does fly by you. We have always acknowledged the dogs' birthdays with a trip to Petsmart to pick out some special toys and given them extra hugs and kisses but never have thrown them an actual party. So I thought, this is the year! I have always heard of other people throwing their dogs a party but never really had a chance to do so. It was a great opportunity to get all of our friends together for dinner and some cocktails. I really wish I could have done more but I kept thinking, "Skylar, it is just a dog's birthday party." I invited our close friends and encouraged them to bring their furry friends as well. We served hamburgers, hot dogs and potato salad. I thought to do more of a BBQ since there were boys attending and it was also easier on me:) I also made my favorite artichoke dip and Nora brought a yummy salad. The cutest surprise of the evening was that two of my dearest friends actually brought Mya birthday gifts! I wasn't expecting anyone to do that but it was adorable. Nora brought her a birthday cake dog treat and the cutest dog bikini. Yes, they make dog bikinis and might I say that Mya will be rocking it this coming weekend at the lake. Kelly, one of my other dear friends, gave Mya the cutest monogram collar. It is pink with lime green letters and Mya loves it and has had it on since the party. I totally think that I have the sweetest and cutest friends ever. They helped Mya become ( if not already) the most stylish and hip Shihtzu on the block! The other funny event of the night was the fact that Maggie, the golden is petrified of balloons. I am not sure why but you would have thought that they were a ghost or something scary. I had to pop them all after everyone left because she wouldn't come in the house. It was overall a great time and a really good excuse for everyone to get together. Here are some pictures that were taken over the course of the night. Talk to you soon, Skylar
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment